Wednesday, May 23, 2012

not alone

When you are having those parenting moments and your last straw is slowly breaking.....you wonder, am I the only one that this is happening to?  Am I the only one that feels this way?

Most times when you talk to your friends about it later, they all agree.  We have all been there.

It's so nice to hear other people talk about it, a friend for posted a link to this on facebook.

Momastery.com/blog posted about Whack-A-Mole (her version of putting the kids to bed)

It makes me happy that I am not the only one who has days were she is counting down the moments until bedtime.  Looking forward to sitting down for some alone time, down time, whatever time you want to call it.

Yesterday was one of those days at my house.  I am not sure if it's just a 4 year old stage or what (I am praying it is just a stage) but the whining that happens is intense and grating on the nerves.  It seems that we do nothing that is fun, I ruin everything he is doing and I never give him anything that is yummy.  We don't get to go anywhere, we don't have anything to play with and he NEVER gets to watch movies!!!

All of which are obviously untrue!!! 

Yesterday was my breaking point because when the whining started as soon as I walked up to him at daycare, I lost it!  I explained on several occasions, very sternly, that he did not appreciate anything and I was done listening to the whining.  I threatened with the "one more word in the whining voice and you are staying in your room all night"!

Thankfully the voice stopped but the talking did not.  The tension was high in the car!  Both boys were trying to be on their best behaviour at this point.  Once the after daycare snack was denied, compliments and getting along were all over the place.  It was better but didn't last all night!

For me it was too late!  I was lost for the day....my patience was tested and it failed!  Joel was in charge for the rest of the night.  Even though we all know that never works as long as mom is in the house but Joel could sense the tension as we walked through the door and did what he could!

I even tried to get away for a few moments by myself.  The Kraft Cookbook arrived yesterday and I was trying to enjoy going through it for the first of many run throughs ALONE on the front step.  Not 3 minutes later and ALL 3 of my boys were sitting next to me outside!

I love them and I am glad that they love me but I really wanted those 10 mins I had planned!

Needless to say, I thoroughly enjoyed getting out of the house for pilates.  Even though Natasha worked my legs until they were burning alot!  I was happy to be out of the house!

Thank you momastery.com/blog and Sarah for helping me know I am not alone and for the giggle!

1 comment:

  1. You are definitely not alone! I experience those moments all too often. I can only imagine how a single parent copes with it all. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete