Monday, June 17, 2013

Saying Yes

I started this post awhile ago and was happy to relive it.  It's a nice little reminder to say yes more often.

Saying yes, it's a simple act but sometimes so hard to do.

This past weekend I said Yes and it was perfect!

I am going to assume that I am not alone.  Since I am work full-time and am still a full time mommy and wife, the weekends are when I get things done.  The laundry piles up, the groceries need to get purchased, things need to be put away and general crap needs to get done!

So usually I am either taking the kids placing and organizing "fun" or I am encouraging my kids to play alone so I can get said "crap" done.

This Saturday I said yes!  Rhys asked me very early Saturday morning to go for a walk in the rain.  So we dressed up in our rain gear and headed down the street!  It was wet and cold but super fun!

Then because we still have to get stuff done, I convinced them to go grocery shopping with me.  After that the afternoon was theirs.  We played hockey in the basement, played Pokemon cards (however that is played??), played outside and had an amazing time.

My kids are growing up so fast and I want to remember to do this more and enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment