Monday, June 23, 2014

BBQ Pulled Pork Spagetti

Oh My Goodness!

So Joel and I have a tendency to watch cooking or home renovation shows when are usual favourites take a break.  This is usually a bad idea.

It's late and then I want a full meal - not good

Or it's late and I want to start painting or tearing something down - also not good!

However, it does give us lots of fun ideas and branches out our cooking!

So we were watching Diners, Drive-In and Dives on the Food Network and Hwy 61 Roadhouse came on and showed us this delicious recipe.

I didn't actually know until right now when searching for a picture (because we were so excited that I forgot to take one!), that you could get the recipes from the shows.  I am both excited and slightly nervous about this wonderful news!

So I just made it with what I thought it should have


BBQ Pulled Pork Spaghetti
picture and recipe adapted from watching this recipe take place!

Ingredients

Pork Roast
whole bottle your favourite BBQ sauce (we used Bull's-eye original), maybe more!
1 cup apple juice
one package of spaghetti
one clove of garlic minced
olive oil
feta

Directions:


1. I used my slow cooker and put the pork roast in the crock pot, pour about 3/4 of your BBQ sauce on top and pour apple juice over it.  Cook on low for 6-7 hrs
2. Once pork is ready, shred it.
3. Cook your spaghetti as directed
4. In a large sauce pan, heat olive oil and garlic for 2-4 mins. Add cooked spaghetti, pulled pork and the remaining of your BBQ sauce.  You might need (or want) to add a more BBQ, I think we probably added another 1/4 of a bottle.
5.  Serve and top with crumbled feta (if you don't like feta, just leave it out!)

This make plenty - like 5-6 servings.  We served ours with salad and bread.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment